Community Electronic Collection Events
We have periodic collection events to allow individuals to properly dispose of e-waste. We can arrange a collection event at your business, church or school. We encourage environmental care and make recycling easy.
You can check out our upcoming and previous collection events on our Facebook Events Page.
What is a collection event?
A 2 to 3-hour window of time where people are invited to bring their out-of-service electronics for recycling.
Who goes to a collection event?
Most collection events are open to the general public. Some are designed specifically for a certain group of people (such as a workplace collection event).
Where are the collection events held?
Your church, workplace, neighborhood or civic group location.
Why do people host community collection events?
- To help our environment.
- To help get more people involved with recycling.
- To help keep items out of our landfills.
- To help get others involved in helping Cross Training Center.
- To help bring awareness of the importance of electronic recycling.
- To help provide Cross Training Center materials to use in our vocational training and work experience program.
- To help provide a method to collect items that are reusable through refurbishment or repair.
- To feel good about keeping things out of landfills and helping others.
Would you like us to have an event at your location?
We provide all promotion, materials, equipment, staffing, handling and transporting all collected materials immediately. You provide the location and get the word out to people. This could be your neighborhood, your workplace, your school, your civic group, and many other options. All we need is a place and we will work out the details. We have experience in providing successful events to serve the community.
How do I get started helping with a community collection event?
Please contact us and let us know if your interested in helping with these events in your area.