There are countless facts and information that prove the benefits of recycling. Here are some interesting facts that demonstrate how important recycling is.
- One ton of recycled cardboard saves 46 gallons of oil.
- Nearly half of the food in the U.S. goes to waste – approximately 3,000 pounds per second.
- Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the earth four times.
- Glass can be recycled and re-manufactured an infinite amount of times and never wear out.
- Recycling one ton of paper saves 7,000 gallons of water.
- Recycling a single aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV for 3 hours.
- Americans throw away enough trash in an average year to circle the earth 24 times.