Improper disposal of obsolete equipment is a major liability. Electronics not only contain toxic substances that are harmful to our health and the environment, they also contain sensitive company and personal data that needs to be securely destroyed.
At Cross Electronic Recycling, we provide Secure Data Destruction services for businesses and individuals. We comply with Department of Defense guidelines to destroy your sensitive and intellectual property.
data sanitation & media destruction
Our data sanitation and media destruction services meet NIST Standards 800-88 r1 (U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology).
We promise your information will remain yours and only yours. From the moment they enter our custody, hard drives and other data storage devices are handled with the utmost care to ensure data security.
certificates of destruction
Certificates of destruction are available with a full inventory of your electronics. Clients are issued Certificates of Data Sanitation and Recycling to provide a defensible third-party audit trail.
Asset Recovery Process
- COLLECT – We collect from area businesses, schools, individuals or at one of our community collection events. Our asset retirement approach includes removal of equipment from your premises, inventory, compliant scales are used.
- DIAGNOSE – We begin by weighing and sorting all equipment. After that, we diagnose everything to determine what is usable and what is not.
- RECYCLE – Items that have reached the end of their useful life go into our dismantling process.
- REFURBISH – Newer computers and other electronic components go into our refurbishing department. There, each computer goes through a stringent refurbishing process following Microsoft’s standards.
- RESELL – Select items go on sale in our store, Redeemed Computers & Electronics.
We work exclusively with fully-certified, regulation-compliant partners to maintain the highest standards of environmental protection and ethical business practices.
no landfill policy
We have a strict no landfull policy that ensures nothing we collcet will end up in a landfill. We are committed to reducing electronic waste in a safe and cost-effective way for our valued clients and to ensure the safety of our community and planet.
documented step-by-step procedure
Our procedure includes a full inventory of each incoming item starting with an accurate recording of all identifying codes such as serial numbers and internal identification numbers.
We promise a documented chain of guardianship from the point of collection, during the physical destruction and throughour our refurbishing process that guarantees absolute data security.
We work with reputable, security-conscious agencies and downstream merchants that are certified through Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA).